In October 2017, a two-day intensive course on Managed Aquifer Recharge was conducted in Perth, WA. Attendees from Australia, Germany, New Zealand, Tehran and Dubai had previously joined ICE WaRM’s MAR Essentials Webinar which focused on the practical and operational elements of Managed Aquifer Recharge schemes, leading up to the short course.
The course in Perth provided in-depth training, covering the science, technology and operational aspects of MAR and included 6 site visits in the Perth area. The workshop also provided unique access to professionals experienced in the planning, feasibility, economic, environmental and scientific aspects of establishing a MAR scheme and will be presented by Australia’s top MAR practitioners and scientists.
Key topics were:
- Potential for MAR in the Perth region
- Preliminary Feasibility Assessment
- Feasibility of MAR using Recycled Water in Kwinana
- Technical Viability Assessment
- Viability of Enhanced Recharge using an Upside-Down Weir in Minderoo
- Setting up a MAR site – Implementation, Testing and Management for the Chichester Range
- Regulatory Requirements
- MAR as a Water Resource Management Tool in Beenyup
For more information, please visit the ICE WaRM website.